Paediatric First Aid – Tutor: Nicky Crabtree
This course is designed for people aged19+ who care for babies and children in any setting. Suitable for nannies, nursery and preschool workers, crèche leaders, parents and anyone responsible for the welfare of children.
Course cost includes certificate valid for 3 years and meets the criteria specified by Ofsted and recommended for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Also meets Childcare Registration requirements.
Delivered in a classroom setting offering practical hands-on approach that enables you to gain the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation.
Assessment takes place throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions and activities designed to enhance learning and to support you.
Group sizes are limited to 12 max. Learners must attend all sessions, assessment is continuous throughout the course.
Excellent teaching by an externally accredited trainer
The course will cover;
- Resuscitation procedures appropriate to all ages (babies, children and adults).
- Prepare for dealing with emergencies.
- How to cope with bleeding, choking, burns and scalds.
- Emergency needs for children with chronic medical conditions.
- Treatment for bites, stings and anaphylactic shock.
- How to deal with head, neck and back injuries.
- How to deal with suspected fractures.
You will receive a certificate confirming you have attended this course.
Any extra cost incurred during course: All costs included.
Equipment to be provided by student: Note book, pen and loose clothing
Please note this course is at Wavell School Farnborough
||13th June 2019