Acrylics for Beginners : Tutor Kristin Rawcliffe
This is for beginners to enable you to gain confidence in using acrylics through tone and colour to paint still life, nature and landscape pictures.
Basic techniques will be covered which will allow you to learn and apply with fluency and control.
You will learn how to:
- Use brushes and paint to make different marks to show soft and hard and rough and smooth textures
- Understand how layering paint works
- Paint objects using tone to show they are 3D
- Mix colour confidently and know how to darken and lighten paint to show local colour
- Compose a landscape and use colour to suggest distance
- Use texture to create special effects
Other Costs :You will need to bring:A range of acrylic paints (minimum red, yellow, blue, white, black), a range of acrylic brushes of different types and sizes (e.g flats and rounds), canvas boards, paper towels, a water jar. Wear an apron or old clothes as acrylics can be messy.
||7th March 2020