Tutor: Nicky Crabtree
Basic First Aid
This is a unique opportunity to learn essential skills.
Basic First Aid covers some of the most important first aid skills you can learn, including recovery position, CPR, choking, bleeding, shock, burns and more.
It will provides you with a general understanding of first aid and how to manage incidents safely. Training will ensure that you are able to act confidently in an emergency situation; identifying the cause, alerting the emergency services and providing appropriate care until these services arrive. The course lasts for 3 ½ hours.
It is necessary to complete the session to gain the certificate awarded upon successful assessment and completion. Places are limited and booking essential.
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty who is breathing
- Recovery position for adults and children
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty who isn’t breathing
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to cope with bleeding, choking, burns and scalds
- Treatment for bites, stings and Anaphylactic shock
- How to deal with childhood illnesses
A certificate will be issued to all attendees on completion of the course. All sessions should be attended and all tasks completed in order to receive the certificate. Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Any extra cost incurred during course: None.
Equipment to be provided by student: Wear comfortable clothing
Family First Aid course in Yateley, Hampshire.