Food Hygiene Level 2 Tutor: Nicky Crabtree
This accredited course teaches industry standards in Food Safety and Hygiene.
Food Hygiene Level 2 covers all the basics of food preparation, regulations, precautions and care when preparing food for others.
It is designed to meet the requirements of various regulations in food preparation, hazards analysis and critical control points (HACCP) and health and safety.
At the end of the training learners will sit a test and upon successful completion will receive a certificate valid for 3 years
Occupations that can use this course:
Manufacture of food-Retail sale of food-Catering-Kitchens-Hospital workers-
Hotels and restaurants-Mobile catering-Care workers-Hospital staff-Mobile food vans
Course content covers:
Food Hygiene Legislation
• Relevant Legislation
Bacteriology and Food Poisoning
• What are bacteria and how do they grow and affect us
• How we control their growth
• Food poisoning and its effect
• Types of infections
• Chemicals and foreign objects
• Natural plant foods and allergies
• Cross contamination
• Ways of preventing cross contamination
• Chopping board colours
• Hot food display units
• Working at a bar
• Serving in a restaurant
• Hand washing and hand gels
• Protective clothing
• Reporting Illness
• How you need to act at work
Food storage and Preservation
• Date marks, damaged food and record keeping
• Food Preservation Methods
• Heating, Refrigeration and freezing
• Egg precautions
• Dietary Requirements
Reporting Illness and basic first aid in the kitchen
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Any extra cost incurred during course: None. Certificate cost included in course fee.
Equipment to be provided by student: Note book and pen.
Please note this course will take place at Wavell School
||8th May 2019