FREE Paediatric First Aid – Tutor: Nicky Crabtree
This course is FREE to those who are 19+ wishing to start a career within childcare – student criteria applies, please contact us.
Suitable for nannies, nursery and preschool workers, crèche leaders, parents and anyone responsible for the welfare of children.
Course includes certificate valid for 3 years and meets the criteria specified by Ofsted and recommended for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Also meets Childcare Registration requirements.
Delivered in a classroom setting offering practical hands-on approach that enables you to gain the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation.
Assessment takes place throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions and activities designed to enhance learning and to support you.
Group sizes are limited to 12 max. Learners must attend all sessions, assessment is continuous throughout the course.
Excellent teaching by an externally accredited trainer
This course will cover;
- Resuscitation procedures appropriate to all ages (babies, children and adults).
- Prepare for dealing with emergencies.
- How to cope with bleeding, choking, burns and scalds.
- Emergency needs for children with chronic medical conditions.
- Treatment for bites, stings and anaphylactic shock.
- How to deal with head, neck and back injuries.
- How to deal with suspected fractures.
You will receive a certificate confirming you have attended this course.
Any extra cost incurred during course: FREE
Due to funding restrictions we can only offer one free course per person during an academic year.
Equipment to be provided by student: Note book, pen and loose clothing