Simple Suppers – Back to basic
Have you ever wondered how to make wholesome tasty meals from scratch using fresh ingredients? This is your opportunity, come along and let Helen guide you through the process to make some amazing dishes from everyday meals to social entertaining. Discover your hidden talent and creativity as you cook.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Shop, prepare and cook a variety of seasonal wholesome dishes.
- Understand a variety of different cooking skills and techniques.
- Readily identify suitable cuts of meat, fruit and vegetables to use in each dish.
- Demonstrate basic food preparation techniques – from Vegetable prep, main courses and desserts
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of food hygiene and Kitchen Hygiene.
- Replicate your leaning experience at home from your culinary repertoire to display to the family and impress friend
- Be aware of the constituents of a healthy diet and healthy eating and feature these into your chosen dishes
Any extra cost incurred during course: Recipes and the ingredients list will be sent one week prior to the start of the first class.
Equipment to be provided by student: Please bring an apron, tea towels and all ingredients as listed in the recipes sent to you, also some suitable containers to take your delightful food home in.
||5th March 2018