Social Media for Job Search Tutor: Anne Lovegrove
This course is free for those who are 19+,currently unemployed and in receipt of Job Seekers allowance or Universal Credit
Designed to help learners who are looking to develop ICT skills needed to search for employment and make job applications.
- Understand basic skills in operating a computer or smart device including accessing applications
- Identify online resources that will support the job search process
- Use a computer or smart device to search for jobs
- Identify ways to avoid security risks when sharing information online
- Discuss ways that the use of computers and smart devices can compliment each other in the job search process
- Access and use the internet to support job search activities using web browsers and search engines
- Use specific job searching tools effectively eg Universal Job Match
- Produce and manage electronic documents, editing and formatting techniques, text accuracy and error correcton
- Use email to send and receive messages
- Receive support to complete an online application
Any extra cost incurred during course: None.
Equipment to be provided by student: Notebook and pen.
Due to funding restrictions only one free course may be booked this academic year
|Contact centre for next start date
||4th March 2020