Spanish for Beginners Term 2-Yateley
Spanish for Beginners Term 2 builds on knowledge gained in term 1 and is suitable for students with some previous knowledge of the language. The emphasis will be on speaking and listening but some reading and writing may also be included. By the end of the course students will be able to communicate at a basic level in a range of authentic situations.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand basic Spanish spoken at natural speed and participate in dialogues
- Learn basic grammar concepts
- Understand simple Spanish texts, such as signs, menus, advertisements and simple magazine/newspaper articles
- Learn how to greet people, introduce themselves and their family, talk about their jobs or profession and where they live and work
- Learn how to order meals/drinks and how to shop for food and other items
- Learn how to ask for/give directions and how to book accommodation and travel
- Become familiar with Spanish culture/customs
Sessions are lively and varied and include pair and group work and discussions in the Spanish language to maximise exposure to and use of the language.
Equipment to be provided by student: Note book and pen, course book to be discussed at first session
Certificate of Completion presented to students at the end of the course
Venue: Yateley School